P.O.P. will be tabling at Together We Can: Post-Inauguration Resource Fair with 2 screens! Bring clothing and paper to print!
OAKLAND PEACE CENTER
111 Fairmount Ave
Oakland, CA 94611
From the Facebook Event Page:
Do you feel a drive to do something about the environment, immigrants' rights, healthcare, Black Lives Matter, reducing bullying, or building a culture of peace and inclusion? Are you looking for resources to turn your passion into action?
Come meet like-minded neighbors, local activists, and peacemakers at the second Oakland Peace Center Activism and Advocacy Resource Fair.
Learn about pressing issues and develop critical skills by attending FREE skill-building workshops offered at the fair.
Whether you are a long time activist or have never attended a rally in your life, your contributions matter!
TABLING ORGANIZATIONS (more to come!):
* Arab Resource and Organizing Center
* Asians 4 Black Lives
* Asian Americans Advancing Justice- Asian Law Caucus
* Bay Area 350
* Beyond Separation
* Building Opportunities for Self-Sufficiency (BOSS)
* CAIR- Council on American-Islamic Relations
* Catholic Charities East Bay
* CircleUp Education
* Community Democracy Project
* Critical Resistance
* Direct Action Everywhere
* East Bay Forward
* East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy
* Food and Water Watch
* Food First
* F R E E (Documentary)
* GSA Network
* Healthcare for All- California
* Islamic Networks Group
* Islamic Relief USA
* Jewish Voice for Peace
* Mustard Seed Immigration
* Niroga Institute
* Oakland Peace Ambassadors
* Oakland Public Library
* Our Family Coalition
* Out Proud Families
* Planned Parenthood
* Planting Justice
* Rainbow Street
* Resource Generation
* Senior and Disability Action
* Somos Familia
* Soul Shoppe
* Speak Out Now
* Sunflower Alliance
* SURJ (Showing Up for Racial Justice)
* Sustainable Economies Law Center
* WORLD (Women Organized to Respond to Life Threatening Diseases)
WORKSHOPS (more to come!)
* Social Media for Activists
* Safety at Protests
* Islamaphobia and It's Impact
* Organizing 101: Launching Your Local Campaign Training
* Building Peace from the Inside Out: Tools for Personal Resilience, Courage and Clarity in Chaotic Times
* "What if I’m Cisgender, White and Heterosexual?" Privilege and Fierce Allyship
* Knowing Your Rights: Interacting with Law Enforcement when traveling, and at school
* The Response-Ability - Communicating for peace and power when challenges arise
Bring friends and loved ones. We are stronger together.
We will update this event regularly with organizations who will be tabling and additional workshops, so you can plan your visit.
Please note: the room is accessible, but bathrooms are up about 8 stairs. There is parking around the corner at 111 Fairmount avenue on the south side of the building.